“Anything that looks like chaos and calamity in your life is just the Universe’s way of saying ‘Trust me and we’ll make a life together that is beyond your wildest dreams.’ The key is to trust. There’s a bigger vision and purpose inside you that your small brain or Ego can imagine. The Universe has […]
Read more "Just Believe"
Every person that we allow into our lives has in some way influenced our future without us even knowing it. Whether they’re a childhood friend or attractive lover, we carry a piece of them in our hearts forever because, at some point in time, our spirits were living on the same plane, vibrating on the […]
Read more "Dreaming From Your Heart"
“Everyone knows that there is a line in life you just don’t cross. Perhaps we should moonwalk over that line on a daily basis” Success. It’s not as elusive as some of us think. Being the real you. It’s not as hard as we may think it is. Nor should it. At times we think […]
Read more "“Knowing Who You Are Leads To Success”"
Originally posted on Thought Catalog:
Read more "You Are / Whatever You Say / You Are"
Perhaps Eminem had it right when he said, “I am / whatever you say / I am.” We are what we say we are. You are what you say you are. (Or maybe he’s completely wrong, because he’s suggesting that his identity is whatever other people say he is – so why argue with…
When I think of yoga, these three C’s are what come to mind. I know that when I enter my daily practice or start a new flow sequence from my favorite online Canadian yoga teacher, I’m able to do things that I never thought possible. When I begin my practice with a mantra, a verbal […]
Read more "Yoga = Clarity + Commitment + Courage"
Martin Seligman is a well known theorist that introduced the idea of positive psychology during his 2004 Ted Talk. During this highly publicized talk, Seligman theorizes that 60 percent of our happiness is determined by our genetics and environment, while the remaining 40 percent is really up to us. He says that the pursuit of pleasure has hardly any contribution to how we really feel in the long run. Instead, pleasure is “the whipped cream and the cherry” that adds a certain sweetness to satisfactory lives which are grounded by our simultaneous pursuit of meaning and engagement.
Happy Habits-According to Sieglman:
Surround yourself with other happy people.
Remain mindful of the goodness around you
Appreciate simple pleasures
Devote some of your time to others
For those of you that don’t feel like watching the 23 min video, this post explains why I think Mr. Sieglman is on to something. To put it simply, positive psychology is a science that can be used to help us reprogram how we interact with the world and how we perceive our reality. When we are aware of how we respond to a situation, we are better equipped to make an intelligent decision that will lead to less tears being shed.
Hope you enjoy watching this video!
Read more "Positive Psychology"
“We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.”
“When someone seeks then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal.”
“It is not for me to judge another man’s life. I must judge, I must choose, I must spurn, purely for myself. For myself, alone.”
“I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.”
“Siddhartha”-by Hermann Hesse
Read more "“We are not goi…"